The Chairperson of the Council Mrs. J.O Akinwunmi in her speech appreciated the State Director for hosting the February Meeting in his office and said the aim of taking the meeting round all Federal establishments is to familiarize with the activities, policies and programme of each Federal establishment so as to enhance the synergy and good working relationship between federal establishments.
The NOA State Director in his welcome speech commended the EXCOs of the Federal Executive Council for their choice of NOA as their meeting venue.
The State Director in his paper on the functions of NOA, gave a brief history of the Agency from MAMSER (Directorate for Social Mobilization, Self-reliance, Social justice and Economic Recovery) the precursor of NOA, adding that NOA was established by Decree NO 100 of 1993 now act of parliament Cap. N64 of 2004. He also explained the Vision, Mission and Functions of the Agency, which are;
– To enlighten the general public on government policies, programmes and activities at all levels;
– To mobilize favourable public opinion and support for government policies, programme and activities;
– To collect, collate, analyze and provision of feedback from public to government on its activities, programme and policies
– To arouse the consciousness of all categories of Nigerians to their rights and responsibilities, and obligation as citizens;
– To establish social institutions and frame work for deliberate exposure of Nigerians to democratic norms and values for virile, peaceful, united, progressive and disciplined society;
– To re-orientate the populace about power, its use and proper role of Government in serving the collective interest of Nigerians;
– To mobilize Nigerians for positive patriotic participation in and identification with national affairs and issues and
– To sensitize, induct and equip all Nigerians to fight against all forms of internal and external domination of resources by a few individuals or groups.
In attendance were; NOA State Director; Mr. Olusegun Adeyemi and his Management Team, Chairperson of the Council Mrs. J.O Akinwunmi (Nigeria Copyright Commission), Past. Ayo Amos (Harmony FM); Secretary General of the Council Aiyedoja Micheal (Federal Training Center); Engr. Suberu A. Aribola (National Mobilization Centre); Mr. M.S Oladipo (Public Complaint Commission); Barrs. Dolu Oyeyiola (Legal Aid Council); Mrs. Shade Boriowo (Ministry of Information); Mallam Ahmed Suberu(NHIS); Dr. B.A Haruna (NDE); Mr. Keshi Williams (Auditor General’s Office).